New Release L'Oreal Colour Riche Exclusive Reds

Posted on Sunday 14 June 2015

Welcome back beauties! Any regular readers here would have noticed that My Oniochalasia has been seriously lacking content the past month. A busy University and work schedule has caused a lack in both time and motivation for writing. Luckily a friend has recently reassured me that there is in fact someone out there who cares about these beauty ramblings. So here I am, back in action and ready to share so many new finds and loves with you all.

Today I have a really exciting review of the new L'Oreal limited edition collection. This collection of sophisticated matte red lipsticks has a shade to suit every women. As with the exclusive nudes collection, each shade is created to specifically complement the diverse skin tones of six L'Oreal ambassadors; Eva Longoria, Freida Pinto, Jennifer Lopez, Doutzen Kroes, Blake Lively and Laetitia Casta. Each lip colour is also released with a complimentary-colour nail lacquer. 
The packaging is gorgeous! The combination of a slightly textured leopard-print (on the black area) and gold detailing creates a luxurious feel. Despite being a matte texture, the lipsticks apply smoothly. I would recommend using a lip liner and lip brush for the application, as the shape of the lipstick's tip does not allow for perfect application. 
As with the previously released Nude collection, Eva's red is my favourite colour. L'Oreal describes this one as an 'urban chic brick-red'.  To me, it is a 'sexy' red which compliments well with an olive-skin undertone and green eyes. Paired with a leather jacket and jeans for a date night.
Freida's red is the most pink-toned in the collection, with a fuchsia undertone. The texture of this shade is more matte and not as creamy to apply, but very opaque. I am pleasantly surprised with how this shade translates the my lips.
JLo's shade is a dark ruby red. The very creamy texture makes this shade hard to apply out of the tube. This glam red will instantly transform your look from day to night. 
The poppiest of reds, Doutzen's shade is a blazing tangerine. This is a great lip colour for a pop of colour, but the formula is not as opaque as the other reds and requires a few coats reapplied. This shade is my least favourite as it does not compliment my skin tone.
L'Oreal describes this shade as a classic pure red, which Blake Lively is known for rocking on the red carpet. This shade is almost a mix between Eva's 'brick-red' and JLo's ruby tone. Although more matte and harder to apply than both those colours, Blake's red is very opaque. Despite how the swatches look, the nail lacquer compliments the lip colour very well!
Finally, Laetitia's red is the most 'vampy' out of the bunch. A beautiful garnet red, perfect for winter. This shade is definitely the hardest to pull off and apply, as it can apply patchy. Applied with a lip brush and a matching lip liner, this shade can look seriously seductive.

There are some great shades in this collection and I think everyone will be able to find a match. If you are unsure which shade would best suit you head in-store and swatch the colours or leave me a comment with your features and I'll try to recommend a shade.
This collection is set to be released in Australia in July this year, but has been spotted in stores now. The lipstick will retail for AU$21.95, with the nail lacquers retailing at AU$7.95. The collection will be available at selected pharmacies, supermarkets and department stores. Let me know which shade is your favourite!

I was sent these lipsticks by L'Oreal Paris but all opinions remain my own. This is not a paid advertorial.
  1. I seriously love how Loreal comes out with these collections! I don't really wear red lips very often, but Blake's looks like such a pretty classic red!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look incredible! Sadly, red isn't a colour I get very much use out of. Not sure if I just have the wrong types of reds or if all of them don't suit me, ah! x

    Katina | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete