My Top 7 Makeup Brushes

Posted on Sunday 21 June 2015

Hello beauties, happy Sunday! Being a beauty junkie, I have too many makeup brushes in my collection. But I know, because we aren't all shopaholics, that is not the case for everyone. Today I thought I would share my most essential makeup brushes.
Real Techniques Powder Brush
This is my favourite brush that I own! I often wear a mineral powder as my base and this big fluffy brush allows super easy and quick application. What I like most is the large surface that this brush covers and the density that allows good coverage. Anyone with small facial features might not like this brush due to its large surface. It retails for AU$27.99 at Priceline but you can find Real Techniques brushes cheaper at iHerb.com.

Zoeva 104 Buffer
A dense buffing brush is ideal for blending in liquid foundation. It ensures even application and no harsh lines. I have bought all my Zoeva brush from Luxola.com (direct link here).

Zoeva 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek
This curved brush works great to apply blush onto the apples of your cheeks but the shape fits perfectly into the hollows of your cheeks, making it ideal for applying bronzer too (direct link here).

Real Techniques Contour Brush (bought as part of the Core Collection Set)
This brush is sold in the 'Your Base Flawless Core Collection' containing four brushes and retailing for $AU47.50 at Priceline (once again, can be found cheaper at iHerb). I do not use this brush for contouring, but rather to apply concealer under my eyes. The domed shape fits perfectly in the inner corner between my eye and nose and works well to blend the concealer.

Zoeva 226 Smudger & Zoeva 227 Soft Definer
These two eyeshadow brushes can get you through various makeup looks. The Zoeva 226 Smudger (direct link here) has very short, stiff bristles and works best for packing eyeshadow onto the lid, it works especially well with pigments or shadows containing glitter. The Zoeva 227 Soft Definer (direct link here) is the brush I use for blending shadow through the crease. It has just the right consistency to evenly apply the eyeshadow but still blend well.

There are many more great brushes and tools for applying makeup but these are just a few of my essentials. Let me know if you own any of these brushes and what your most-used makeup brush is?

Post a Comment