Autumn Appropriate Red Nail Colours

Posted on Wednesday 22 April 2015

Nail polish in a dark oxblood-red is a favourite I reach for all year round, but it's most suitable for the Autumn season. I think coloured nails are a great way to test beauty trends, without going all out. I wanted to share my favourite red nail polishes that are on the darker side, which you might want to try out this season.

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel in 480 Wine Stock - My favourite formula and colour! It's a dark oxblood with just the right amount of red. The Miracle Gel formula's are the best quality nail polishes I have tried and last without chipping for at least five days.
OPI Nail Lacquer in Malaga Wine - I reach for this shade when I want something with more of a red tone to Wine Stock.
Revlon Brilliant Strength in 210 Persuade - My least favourite formula out of the bunch. It is a nice colour, berry-toned and not too dark, but streaks a lot and requires at least three coats. 
Essie Nail Color in 665 Rock Star Skinny - Although the tone is similar to Wine Stock & Hypnotic Red, it is unique as the only colour that has a 'shimmery' finish. This ensures the colour doesn't look 'flat'.
Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Color with LYCRA in Kate 706 Classic Red - As the name suggests, this shade is the closest to a true red but I still feel it has a berry undertone. 
L'oreal Color Riche in 409 Hypnotic Red - This shade is almost identical to Wine Stock  Although at a fraction of the cost, this is a good one if you're new to dark reds. I'm a big fan of the Color Riche polishes and use this formula when my nails need a break from gel polish.
L'oreal Color Riche Eva's Nude - Clearly not a nude. I'm not sure why this colour was included in the 'nude' range, but it is beautiful none the less. It definitely has the least red and has almost a brown undertone.

Unfortunately the weather decided to turn gloomy as I was taking these photos so please excuse the quality. Also, shout-out to The Collective for having the perfect cover colour combo to suit this post! Look out for an Autumn Appropriate Make Up post coming soon!
  1. I loooove autumn reds!! x

    www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too! Autumn colours are definitely some of my favourite.

      Delete
  2. I can also recommend OPI Got the Blues for Red which is part of their permanent collection and is a shade darker from Malaga wine. You get that instant 1940-1950 glam feel from wearing it ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh thanks I will make sure to go check it out!

      Delete