Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Colour

Posted on Sunday 29 March 2015

402 Adrienne / 416 Coco / 426 Roussy / 440 Arthur / 452 Emilienne
I recently got this little sample set containing five of the new Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Colours. I was really excited to try these lipsticks after reading Lily Pebbles' review on them. There are a whopping 24 new shades - wouldn't it be lovely to try them all.

The idea behind this range is that each shade is named after a lover, friend or someone who knew 'Coco Chanel' intimately. I knew straight away my favourite shade was going to be Adrienne - my perfect nude. It has a rosy/mauve undertone which ensures it doesn't wash me out (as some nudes do). I went to David Jones in a break between University today and purchased this lippie - my first ever Chanel product. The photo above really does not do the colours justice as it is overexposed but the rest of the colours are as follow; Coco is my second favourite, a really beautiful orange-red (and one of the most popular colours I assume, as it was sold out at two Chanel counters in David Jones), Roussy is what I'd call a Barbie-pink, but when applied to the lips it was a really pretty raspberry pink (this was the less opaque and least shiny shade that I tried), Arthur is a blue-based red shade and Emilienne a plum-purple that I actually really like on the lips. I was surprised that even the darker shades lasted well on the lips, considering their hydrating formulas.

I used to love a bold matte lip but more recently I have been much more low maintenance when it comes to lip products, which plays a big role in why I love these lipsticks so much. The texture is extremely creamy and soft on the lips, with a lot of shine. They are so easy to apply, even the darker colours. You can apply a semi-sheer coat or build it up for a more opaque, yet super shiny finish. They are not at all drying, I actually feel like they contribute to hydrating my lips. You know how you always link a scent to a memory or thought - well these have quite a strong scent and I love it! I can't pinpoint what it reminds me off but it makes me think of a classy, sophisticated woman.

I've really been loving higher-end cosmetics. Although I'll always be a sucker for bargain cosmetics, I can actually see the quality difference. So let me know below what your high-end makeup recommendations are?



  1. I received one of these as a present and absolutely love it! I'm a huge fan of Chanel products, especially their blush, and I'm so excited that there are so many colours. Thanks and nice post :)

    http://novellette.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12522799

    ReplyDelete