Antipodes Mini's

Posted on Sunday 22 June 2014

I love anything mini-sized, and it is no secret that I love skincare. 

Recently in Priceline, I was drawn to the Antipodes Mini duos. I previously purchased the day-time duo (Moisture Boost), and after another trip picked up the night-time set (Anti-Ageing) as well.

I've never previously tried Antipodes as it is a bit over my usual price range, however at around $20 these Mini's a good way to try a new product. Antipodes is an organic beauty brand, which appeals to my sensitive skin type. I've heard many well known beauty vloggers mention the brand previously, and the packaging is very luxurious so I was excited to try the products. The duo's come in two ranges; moisture boost & anti-ageing. I use them as night- and day-time products.

Moisture Boost Mini's (Day-time):

This mini duo helps improve moisture in dehydrated skin, it includes a serum and cream.

1. Divine Face Oil
The avocado and rosehip face oil can be applied morning or night as a serum before applying the Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream. The oil is meant to help relieve tired, stressed and sun damaged skin. Overall the oil is good but basically this does the same as any rosehip oil I've tried.

2. Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream 
This light, yet hydrating day cream keeps skin healthy and energised. According to Antipodes this cream is suitable for most skin conditions, so it is perfect for an everyday moisturiser.

Anti-Ageing Mini's (Night-time):
This duo contains an anti-ageing protein-rich serum and night cream suited to dry skin.

1. Joyous Protein-Rich Night Serum
This night serum targets dry and damaged skin by boosting the skin overall with elements of goji berry, wild blackcurrant and hibiscus flower. The morning after using this serum, I definitely noticed a difference in my skin texture and plumpness of my skin. Antipodes is out of my Uni-budget price range but I am hoping to get this full size when Priceline has their next 40% off skincare sale.

2. Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream
This nourishing night cream is applied after the Joyous Protein-Rich Night Serum. Containing elements of avocado oil, manuka honey and vinanza Grape. The cream is most suitable for very dry skin, however it is not too thick neither does it leave an oily residue. The only downside for me is the heavy fragrance, which I am weary of with my sensitive skin.

Overall I am impressed with the products, I like the idea of these mini duo's as it gives you a chance to properly try out a usually pricey product. I have noticed most Antipodes products, although natural, are very heavily scented, which is a downfall for me. However I haven't yet had any reactions since testing these products. Let me know if you've tried these duo's or have any other Antipodes product recommendations.

Post a Comment