Women Crush Lauren Conrad

Posted on Sunday 11 May 2014

I used to race home after school each day and tune into MTV to catch the latest episode of Laguna Beach  and then The Hills. The shows and the cast were a big part of my teenage life, in a way it set me on track for my future. Watching Lauren Conrad at Teen Vogue and Whitney Port at the PR firm of Kelly Cutrone, sparked my interest in fashion and the potential to make a career out of it. Lauren Conrad became my idol growing up, I watched her on The Hills and read all her books religiously. 
Quite often, young girls' "role models" don't act very role-modely but Lauren Conrad is genuinely a great role model, and here's why:

  • She works hard to be successful: OK, I know that when they showed the Hills girls 'working', they weren't really doing any work. Lauren Conrad, however, really proved herself past the reality show air-head persona. After wrapping up The Hills, Lauren wrote a series of fiction novels as well a beauty and style book. Lauren also started designing her own clothing label and now maintains two clothing lines of her own. 
  • She has a good heart: Lauren often works with people from third world countries to source material for her fashion label. She is co-founder of The Little Market, a company that source ethically source handmade goods to help change the lives of artisans. 
  • She is creative: Her Instagram account is amazing, I can spend ages scrolling through the visually appealing images of her life. Lauren also runs a creative website, laurenconrad.com, that features posts from DIY tutorials to fashion how-to's. 
  • She has amazing style: Lauren Conrad always looks good! She has a knack for putting together simple pieces to make an amazing outfit. Her style is simple yet super chic and she is definitely one of my style icons.
  • She encourages self-love: Lauren Conrad is a great role model for young girls because she encourages self love. This can be seen through everything she does, her websites included. 
  • She works hard: Lauren has two of her own fashion labels, as well as a line for Kohl's, she has written several best-sellers and maintains an online presence on her website and beauty site. This girl is not afraid to work hard. Just thinking about all she does makes me feel like I need to get up and go!
 
 Pictures sourced from Instagram

Post a Comment