NEW Revlon Colorburst Matte & Lacquer Balms

Posted on Wednesday 23 April 2014

From top to bottom: Lacquer balm in Demure (105) ; Matte balm in - Elusive  (205), Showy (220) & Unapologetic (210)
I love a lip colour, and the Revlon Colorburst Balms have been a favourite since the initial release. They are so easy to apply and come in a range of gorgeous colours. 

So obviously I was very excited for the release of the new matte and lacquer balms. I am not a lipgloss girl, I don't like anything super shiny on my lips, so I wasn't planning on getting a lacquer balm, but I definitely wanted some of the matte balms.

I hunted for sales and found that Priceline had 'buy one get on free' and Big W had a '2 for $20' promotion. After seeing the packaging of the lacquer balm in Demure I had to get it. I'm not even the biggest fan of the actual lip balm but the rosy pink packaging is just so pretty. Demure is a sheer pink with fine glitter. I also decided to pick up three matte balms - elusive, showy and unapologetic. They are very opaque and look lovely on the lips.

I haven't worn these for a long period of time but will report back on the staying power soon.

I definitely want to get more of the matte balms, however I do feel like there is a lack of more muted, natural tones, hopefully they bring out a wider range of colours.

From left to right: Elusive / Unapologetic / Showy / Demure (sheer sparkly sheen)

Post a Comment