Mecca Maxima Haul & Beauty Loop Box

Posted on Thursday 6 February 2014


There's something about the promise of a box of sachet samples reward system program, that really gets my shopaholic blood pumping.. especially when it comes to beauty products. One such store is Mecca Maxima. For those unfortunate souls who have not had the pleasure of visiting a Mecca Maxima,  it is like an Australian version of Sephora - a make up and skincare mecca! They stock products from brands which are often hard to find in Australia, such as NARS, Stila, Too Faced etc etc. Mecca Maxima has a reward system called Beauty Loop, there are three levels depending on your annual spend, and you receive four boxes of sample products a year.

I made sure I got into the first level as I am just cray cray for free beauty bits! The catch, unless you can get in store really quickly to snatch up a box before they are gone, you have to purchase something online to get your free sample box. So.. after this big lead up, here is my haul.

THE HAUL

As my 20th birthday just passed, I have decided it's time for me to start using an eye cream. I did a bit of research on the internet and settled on the Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream. Although there were mixed reviews, some good and some not so good, I decided on it due to its brightening and de-puffing properties. It is a little pricey, at AU$45 for only a 15 ml tub, but I figured it should last a while as I will only need to use a few dabs in the morning.

In order to get free shipping I needed to spend another 20 bucks, so I decided to pick up the Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask. No I didn't just buy it because I've seen it all over Vivianna Does Make Up's blog! Summer is at its last few months, and during winter I get terrible dry skin, so I am stocking up on hydrating products. It was AU$34 for 100ml.

THE BEAUTY LOOP BOX


- 3 little sample pots of the Stila Color Balm Lipstick's (vivienna, ali, natasha)
- 1.5 ml bareMinerals Lash Domination mascara
- stingy 2ml Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser
- sachet bareMineral Prime Time primer

Was it worth spending $80 to receive my Beauty Loop box? HELL NO, surely they could do better samples. But oh well I'm a sucker, and at least I have two new skin care products to be excited about!

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blog I recently started a blog and hope to have something as big as yours :)
    Keep up the good work its amazing
    Richael
    x
    www.polkaandbelle.com

    ReplyDelete