Three Must Have Skincare Savers

Posted on Friday 1 November 2013

Sometimes your skin really just needs a little extra TLC, be it dehydrated skin or chapped lips. I have three quick skin saver products at the moment, all which are readily available and very affordable.

First product I want to mention is something I accidentally stumbled across. I was picking up some (often repurchased) rose-hip oil, and obliviously picked up the Swisse Argan Oil instead. Once I got home and realised, I was too lazy to exchange it for a rose-hip oil, so I decided to try the argan oil.. AND WOW I WAS IMPRESSED. I love that it doesn't smell as bad as rose-hip oil and have seen some improvements in my skin since using.

Argan oil is rich in Vitamin E and Omega 3, 6 & 9; which helps improve skin elasticity, hydration, ageing and blemished skin. I most often use argan oil as a night time serum applied before my moisturiser. Since using this oil I have noticed healthier, hydrated and clearer skin. Argan oil has been said to also help rehydrate dry and damaged hair through application to the ends of the hair, and can also be used on cuticles.

Nothing annoys me more than having dry and chafed hands, this is where Swisse Hand Cream comes in (P.S I just realised two out of the three products are Swisse, but this is in no way sponsored I just love their skincare range!). There is a massive list of 'good' ingredients in this hand cream, and as with the argan oil, a number of 'bad' ingredients (such as parabens, silicones, mineral oils and synthetic fragrances and colours) are not used in these products. The hand cream smells beautifully citrus'y, is non greasy, absorbs super fast and of course - is very hydrating. 10/10 for Swisse on these beautiful products.

Last, but not least, I would like to talk about the new Nivea Lip Butters. I was hesitant to try these as I am a sceptical on lip balms and butters. I find they never really hydrate my lips, just leave my lips needing more moisture. It has been a long time since I have liked using any lip balm other than my trusty Carmex, but can I just say - I love the Nivea Lip Butters! I picked up the vanilla & macadamia one when they were on sale at Coles and I am most definitely going back for more scents. The one that I have smells beautiful and it is a lovely creamy texture that is super hydrating on the lips.

I am heading to Melbourne for a shopping spree next week and would love to hear what your favourite skincare savers are, please leave a comment below for any recommendations! 

Post a Comment