May Beauty Favourites

Posted on Monday 3 June 2013

HOLY BEJIEBIES! We are half-way through 2013. Felt like it was just Christmas time.
I have been staring at my computer all day doing my design assignment and I am ready to go to bed. But first, my May favourites.

 1. Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream
I recently purchased this moisturiser after using a sample, and it has become my holy grail moisturiser. I have been meaning to do an in-depth review of this moisturiser. Please comment if you would like a review or have any specific questions.















2. Original Carmex lip balm
This is my life-saver during the winter (aka dry and flaky lips) months. I love the medical, VICKS-like smell. And I prefer this applicator to tubs where you have to use your fingers.






3. Real Techniques Contour brush
My favourite brush to use this month has been the Real Techniques contour brush. I haven't been using it for contour though - because of the tapered end, this brush works great to blend concealer under the eyes. It also works well in the creases around the nose.















4. Rimmel Lipstick 16
This has been my current go to lipstick. The colour is easy to wear and I think the pink compliments green eyes really well. It is not the longest lasting lipstick, but it is easy to apply on the go.

5. Mimco pouch with rose gold detail
Random favourite of the month is this Mimco purse. It was a gift from my boyfriend last Christmas and I have been using everyday this month. It holds my my necessary cards, carmex and car keys.Plus it compliments my rose gold Micheal Kors.











6. Random rings
Everything has been so hectic during May, therefore I loved these simple rings. They just add a little something. I think they were from Lovisa a few months back.












7. Kerastase Nectar Thermique
Love love love this stuff. This sample has lasted me all through May and there is still some left! Its a hair serum/heat protector that smells amazing and leaves hair feeling super soft. Does anyone know where I can purchase this in Australia?
  1. The Dermalogica moisturiser sounds really nice, I've never tried any of their skin care except this face wash I used once years ago when I was staying over at a friend's place :p I love all Real Techniques brushes - I've heard the contour brush is great for concealer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moisturiser is great, it has completely combated my dry irritated winter skin. Dermalogica is fairly pricey (well here in Australia is it anyway), but I think if something works for your skin its worth it :)

      Delete