Sunday Night 5-Step Skincare Routine

Posted on Sunday 12 May 2013

On Sunday evenings post bath, I enjoy a little pampering in the skincare department. My Sunday Night Skincare routine in 5 easy steps.

1. Remove all make up
Each night before a bath or shower I remove my eye make-up. I am currently using Neutrogena Oil-Free Make Up Remover. You have to ensure you shake the product before use, however my skin does feel really oily after using this so I don't know where the 'oil free' comes in. I probably wouldn't repurchase this one. At times I also like using make up removing wipes to take off my make up, especially if I'm removing foundation as well (for day-to-day I only wear mineral powder).


2. Exfoliate
I like to exfoliate my skin prior to applying my face mask. My all time favourite scrub is the Yes to Carrots scrub. I ran out of that a few weeks ago and haven't gotten around to repurchasing. Currently I am using Pelactive Facial Refiner Deep Cleansing Scrub - which I received in a beauty box once upon a time. I would describe this scrub as very chemically. However, it does make my skin very smooth and works well in my routine. A plus because this brand is an Australian skincare company.
3. Face Mask Time
I usually put my face mask on and leave it while I'm in the bath. I absolutely LOVE the Yes to Tomatoes Clear Skin Facial Mask. It doesn't make my skin burn or itch at all. Neither does it leave your face feeling tight. The texture is different to other masks I've tried. As you can see below, it almost looks like clay or cement. It contains 98% natural products, lycopene (found in tomatoes, 'to balance blotchiness') and dead sea mud to 'draw out impurities'. This skin mask is also paraben-free.

4. Cleanse
After rinsing off my mask, I sometimes feel that it has left an oily residue on my skin. I like to just give my face a quick cleanse with my everyday cleanser - Cetaphil. I have had bad skin reactions from cosmetic products, after which I converted to Cetaphil. It contains no soap and is very calming on the skin while still thoroughly cleansing. A staple in my skincare routine everyday. 


5. Moisturise!! 
Finally, we get to what I would say is the most important part - moisturise. It doesn't matter whether you have dry,  oily or combination skin, moisturising is essential. If your skin lacks moisture, it will produce more oil to compensate for that. During summer I was using Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturise SPF 15, which provides enough moisture during the humid Summer months. However, now that winter is fast approaching I have made a switch. For about a week now I have been using Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream. I am really happy with the moisturiser so far. 
And that's my Sunday night skin-care routine. Feel free to share your suggestions or opinions on any of the products mentioned, would love to hear what you guys think!

Post a Comment